IT Strategic Vision
Information Technology is an organization committed to proactively delivering a dynamic and evolving set of core services and innovative technologies that the City and its constituents demand. IT achieves and maintains high standards in the following areas:
- Business-and-IT Alignment - Working with public and private partners to make investments in information technology that provide long-term benefits and add value to our community.
- Information Accessibility - Using technology to make City data readily available to enhance government decision-making and simplify the delivery of services to our residents.
- Openness and Transparency - Providing our constituents with simple and open access to City services and information.
- Civic Participation - Leveraging technology to meet the growing demand among our residents for a participatory and collaborative government.
- Operational Efficiency – Enabling mobile workforce accessibility to high-quality, digital government information in order to provide services anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Quality Workforce –Developing highly skilled, innovative, motivated, responsive and collaborative implementers and maintainers of quality technology solutions.
- IT Security – Protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT applications, systems, infrastructure and data.
IT Operating Principles
- Support the City's Strategy - Initiatives and projected benefits will be linked to the City's desired strategic outcomes and the initiatives established by the Strategic Initiatives Teams and the Strategic Coordinating Group.
- Customer Service Oriented - IT will be proactive and prevent problems while focusing on engaging and understanding the needs of departments and supporting them to provide an optimal experience for residents, businesses and visitors.
- Engage in Systems Thinking - Understanding interrelatedness between processes and technologies will guide IT's planning, problem-solving, decision-making and resourcing actions to enable innovation.
- Achieve Multiple Positive Outcomes - IT will seek to provide solutions that benefit multiple constituents in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Create an Accurate, Positive Community Image - IT will create a positive perception of its department through consistently positive experiences and quality services.
- Create Relationships and Partnerships - IT will build positive internal and external relationships and encourage collaboration.
- Ensure Sustainability - IT will treat all City assets entrusted to it as if they were its own and evaluate all new and existing goals, plans, policies, programs and activities in the context of sustainability.